I have become slightly addicted to pulled pork and its seems to be everywhere at the moment. I love serving it in fluffy white rolls with loads of BBQ sauce.
I’ve had a few attempts at home and this has to be one of the tastiest and easiest recipes ever!
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 red onions
- 1 tbsp mustard powder and smoke paprika
- 140 g tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2 – 2 kg pork shoulder, leave it tied and the rind should still be attached
- Heat oven to 140C (160 fan)
- Get a large roasting tin and scatter in the roughly chopped onion and bay leaves
- Mix the mustard powder, paprika and a pinch of salt together and rub all over the pork – making sure to get in to all the nooks and crannies. Place on top of the onions in the roasting tin. Add 250 ml of water to the onions in the bottom on the roasting tin, but don’t let the water take off the rub!
- Cover with foil and bake for four hours
- In a bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients – you should have a BBQ looking sauce
- Get the pork roasting tin out of the oven. Cover with two thirds of the BBQ sauce
- Change you oven to the grill setting, put the pork back in for 10 minutes until sauce bubbling and meat slightly charred
- pulled apart with a fork, place on buns and spoon on the rest of the BBQ sauce. Utterly delicious!
Alternatively you could always do it properly and finish off the pork not in a grill but on top of a BBQ. Tasty!